Multimedia Slides are a powerful way to engage your trainees, convey your message, and showcase your expertise. Whether you are a trainer, instructor, teacher, coach, or manager who conducts training, you need to know how to create a multimedia presentation that stands out and delivers results.
In this easy guide, we will show you how to create multimedia slides for interactive training in 7 simple steps. We will also share some examples of multimedia slides and the best tools to help you get started.
Understanding multimedia slides
But what are multimedia slides?
Multimedia Slides are a type of presentation that uses several different forms of digital communication, such as video, audio, animation, graphics, and interactivity, to get your message across. Multimedia slides go beyond the use of text and images, and can help you enrich your content both visually and content-wise.
Making your own effective and interactive multimedia slides.
Step 1: Define your objective and audience
Before you can start creating multimedia slides, you need to know exactly what you want to achieve with it and who you are presenting to. Jot down some ideas about your objective and your trainees, such as:
- What is the main goal of your training session? Do you want to inform, persuade, or educate your trainees?
- Who are your trainees? What are their needs, interests, preferences, and expectations?
- How will you measure the success of your training? What are the key takeaways or actions that you want your trainees to remember or do after watching your training slides?
Having a clear objective in mind will help you tailor your training session and design to suit their needs and preferences.
Step 2: Create an outline
Once you have defined your objective, you need to create an outline for your training session. An outline is a roadmap that helps you organize your main points, subpoints, and supporting details in a logical and coherent way.
To create an outline, you can simply follow the elements:
- Introduction: This is where you introduce yourself, your topic, and your objective. You should also capture your trainees attention with a hook, such as a question, a statistic, a quote, or a story.
- Body: This is where you present your main points and subpoints, along with supporting details such as facts, examples, data, or testimonials. You should also use transitions to connect your points and guide your trainees through your training.
- Conclusion: This is where you summarize your main points and subpoints, restate your objective.
Step 3: Pick the right software
The next step is to choose the right software to create your multimedia slides. While you can use basic tools like Microsoft PowerPoint or Google Slides, there are much more innovative and modern tools out there that can help you create better training sessions with more features and functionality.
One of the best tools for creating multimedia slides is Trainizi. Trainizi is an online slide-creating software that offers hundreds of pre-made templates, hundreds of free images, and dozens of integrations and widgets to help you create stunning slides in minutes.
With Trainizi, you can also add interactivity to your slides with features like popups, forms, surveys, quizzes, polls, and more.
Step 4: Design your slides
Now that you have chosen the right software -Trainizi, it’s time to design your slides. Here are some tips to help you design effective slides:
- Choose a template that matches your topic and objective. Trainizi offers hundreds of templates for different types of slides, such as business slides , educational slides , marketing slides , sales slides, among others. You can browse through them and pick one that suits your needs.
- Customize the template with your own content and branding. You can easily edit the text, colors, fonts, images, and other elements of the template to make it your own. You can also upload your own logo, images, videos, or audio files to personalize your training session.
- Use graphics to help tell your story. Graphics are visual elements that can help you illustrate your points, simplify complex information, and make your presentation more engaging.
- Make slide backgrounds subtle and keep them consistent. Slide backgrounds are the backdrop of your presentation and they should not distract from your content. Choose a simple and relevant background that matches your theme and tone. You can use solid colors, gradients, patterns, or images as backgrounds, but make sure they are not too busy or cluttered. You should also keep your backgrounds consistent throughout your training slides to maintain a professional look.
Step 5: Prepare your media
One of the key features of multimedia slides is the use of media, such as video, audio, animation, and interactivity. Media can help you enhance your slides by adding variety, interest, emotion, and engagement.
However, you need to prepare your media carefully and use it strategically. Here are some tips to help you prepare your media:
- Use video to show rather than tell. Video is a powerful medium that can help you show your audience what you mean rather than just telling them. You can use video to demonstrate a product or service, showcase a testimonial or case study, explain a concept or process, or tell a story. Trainizi allows you to embed videos in your slides You can also upload your own videos or use Trainizi’s stock videos.
- Use animation to add motion and excitement. Animation is a medium that can help you add motion and excitement to your slides. You can use animation to make your slides more dynamic and interactive, highlight important points or data, create transitions or effects, or add humor or personality. Trainizi allows you to animate any element on your slides with a click of a button. You can also choose from different types of animations, such as entrance, exit, emphasis, or motion path.
- Use interactivity to engage and involve your trainees. Interactivity is a medium that can help you engage and involve your trainees in your slides. You can use interactivity to create quizzes or polls, collect feedback or data, generate leads or conversions, or gamify your content. Trainizi allows you to add interactivity to your slides with widgets and integrations, such as forms, surveys, quizzes, polls, pop ups, countdown timers, social media feeds, among others.
Step 6: Write clear and concise text
While multimedia slides rely heavily on visual and audio elements, text is still an essential part of your content. Text can help you communicate your message clearly and concisely, provide context and explanation for your media, and reinforce your main points.
However, you need to write text that is suitable for multimedia slides. Here are some tips to help you write clear and concise text:
- Use bullet points instead of paragraphs. Bullet points are easier to read and remember than paragraphs. They also help you organize your information in a logical and coherent way. Use bullet points to list your main points, subpoints, and supporting details.
- Use short sentences instead of long ones. Short sentences are easier to understand and follow than long ones. They also help you avoid unnecessary words and jargon that might confuse or bore your trainees. Use short sentences to convey one idea at a time.
- Use active voice instead of passive voice. Active voice is more direct and engaging than passive voice. It also helps you assign responsibility and action to the subject of the sentence. Use active voice to state who or what is doing what in the sentence.
- Use simple words instead of complex ones. Simple words are more familiar and accessible than complex ones. They also help you avoid misunderstanding or misinterpretation by your trainees. Use simple words to express your meaning clearly and accurately.
Step 7: Review, revise, and present
The final step is to review, revise, and present your multimedia slides. This step is crucial to ensure that your slides are error-free, polished, and ready for delivery.
Here are some tips to help you review, revise, and present your multimedia slides:
- Review your slides for spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors. You can use a tool like Grammarly or ProWritingAid to check and correct your writing. You can also ask a friend or colleague to proofread your slides for you.
- Revise your presentation for clarity, coherence, and consistency. You can use a tool like Hemingway or Readable to check and improve your readability. You can also ask yourself some questions to evaluate your slides, such as:
- Do your slides have a clear objective and audience?
- Do your slides have a logical and coherent structure and flow?
- Do your slides have relevant and reliable content and media?
- Do your slides have clear and concise text and graphics?
- Do your slides have a strong hook?
- Present your slides with confidence and enthusiasm. You can use a tool like Trainizi to rehearse and deliver your training session with ease. You can also follow some best practices to present your training slides effectively, such as:
- Prepare and practice your slides in advance.
- Dress appropriately and professionally for your trainees.
- Arrive early and check your equipment and settings.
- Smile and make eye contact with your trainees.
- Speak clearly, loudly, and slowly.
- Use gestures, expressions, and pauses to emphasize your points.
- Engage and interact with your trainees with questions, feedback, or polls.
- Handle questions or objections calmly and politely.
Congratulations! You have just learned how to make effective multimedia slides for interactive training in 7 simple steps. We hope this guide has helped you create stunning slides that will impress your trainees and achieve your goals.
If you are ready to create your own multimedia trainees, you can get started with Trainizi today. Trainizi is an online slide-creating software that offers everything you need to create engaging slides in minutes. You can choose from hundreds of templates, images and videos, and several integrations and widgets to customize your slides. You can also add interactivity, animation, and more to make your slides more dynamic and interactive.
Trainizi also allows you to publish and share your training slides online or offline, and track their performance with analytics and insights. Plus, you can access Trainizi’s community of trainers, instructors, teachers, coaches, and managers who conduct training, and learn from their tips, tricks, and best practices.
So what are you waiting for? Sign up for Trainizi today and get started with creating your multimedia slides for interactive training. You can also check out Trainizi’s blog for more resources and inspiration on how to create amazing presentations.